Friday 16 May 2014

15th May

Because of my shoulder injury I have not managed to get up to the allotment everyday, luckily Mark manages to get there more frequently than I do. Yesterday evening was my first visit for a week and what a change! Everything is growing well especially the grass around the beds.

I couldn't resist taking a few pictures so thought I would share some with you.

Strawberries in full bloom and sending out new runners


Onions almost ready


Garlic getting there

Broad beans about 3 inches long

Black currants starting to form
White currants growing nicely




Looks like going to be another bumper crop of plums 


Rhubarb coming well after its move








Our first batch of radishes. Planted in March and subsequently every few weeks after.






Our first veggie off the plot 






The first of many veggies to come. Definitely have a sense of achievement seeing our hard work paying off.









No comments:

Post a Comment